Let’s be honest: you're busy. You might not have time to cut your kid’s sandwich into little stars and leave an inspiring note. And that’s okay. Your child will grow up feeling just as loved as the person whose lunch is color-coded.
Today we’re talking about easy, kid-approved lunches. That’s right—these lunches are healthy, timely, and come with zero complaints! In fact, these lunches are made by YOU. We went into our cafeteria and interviewed your kiddos. The reviews are in. You’re crushing it!
So let’s learn from each other and see what’s working… First up, steak wraps with chips and salsa!
Kid-Friendly Lunch Meal Number 1
- Grilled and ready steak or chicken
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese
- Combine green salsa and avocado in a food processor for a two ingredient avocado salsa!
- Use whole wheat tortillas from Trader Joe’s as a healthier alternative
The next item on the menu is a sandwich with grapes, tomatoes, and pretzels.
Kid-Friendly Lunch Meal Number 2
- Combine sun butter, bananas, and honey for a sandwich on the sweeter side
- Use hummus, cucumbers, and a pita pocket for a sandwich on the savory side
- Grab some oil, kernels, sugar, and salt. Make your own kettle corn!
Lastly, we have a pasta dish with fruit, chips, AND oreos...plus, they’re the fall oreos, so this parent gets bonus points.
Kid-Friendly Lunch Meal Number 3
- Homemade pesto (check out this link for an easy recipe). Pro tip: never toss pesto pasta on a hot stove...unless you want black basil.
- Add baked apple chips on the side. Baked apples are SO easy! You cut apples thinly, pop them in the oven for an hour, flip, and bake for 90 minutes at 200°F! The only ingredient is apples, but it doesn’t hurt to add a little cinnamon!
Now we’re all hungry! Do you have any great recipes? Drop them below!